Now that I’m using Ravelry more, I should blog some stuff, shouldn’t I?
In 2016 there was more work than crafting, so there wasn’t much at all to blog about. I didn’t vend, and I was too busy to make much jewelry. Took up fibers for some decompression and oh shit now that’s a thing I do. But not much was produced. Silly work, getting in the way of crafting. But here is 2017.
This must be updated later w/ photos, but I’m in a place w/ spotty wifi right now so yes, we’ll have to wait. There is the instagram widget on the side tho, should you want a visual aid.
So if you’re now, this is what happens in my world. Complete novice at all things, except possibly the jewelry.
- Jewelry: Upcycling, recycling, bicycling – I tear apart old things and make new pretties. Use a lot of natural things like bones and shells as well.
- Knitting: We have conquered the rectangle -going from small scarves to a cowl, in progress now.
- Crochet-eh: Not my favorite, but am getting better at it. Doing swell w/ open work for some odd reason.
- Spindle spinning: Super new at this – Have spun some gifted merino blend into what is more or less yarn. Working with a larger spindle now w/ cotton roving and having an easier time. Will require far more practice to get thinner/softer yarns. Have managed to spin cat fur for a friend tho.
- Whoopsitsalooming: Well shit, I guess I weave now too. Think of this as “yarn punk” more than textbook weaving. I have a tiny toy loom and my whoopsitsaloom made out of a poster frame. Learning as I go along, what I can do, what I can weave on, etc. No finished projects yet, but progress has been put on Instagram.
There we have it! There is also occasional writing, tweeting, etc. etc. Bye for now!